New Public Health Measures
4 May 2021
ALBERTA GOVERNMENT New mandatory restrictions are being implemented to help stop the spike of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective May 5:
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to five people and a maximum of two households
- Weddings and funerals are limited to 10 people. Receptions are still not permitted.
- Places of worship are limited to 15 people
- Retail stores are limited to 10% capacity not including staff, or a minimum of five customers
- All post-secondary learning must shift to online learning only
Effective May 7:
- All K-12 schools provincewide will transition to at-home learning for two weeks (returning May 25)
- Childcare facilities will remain open
Effective May 9 at 11:59 PM:
- Restaurants and bars, provincewide, limited to take-out/delivery (no patio dining)
- All personal and wellness services, including hair salons, barbers, nail salons, estheticians, tattoos and piercing, must close. Non-regulated health services such as massage therapy can remain open by appointment.
- Youth and adult indoor sport, performance and recreation activities are prohibited
- Outdoor sports and recreation limited to households or close contacts
All other public health measures remain in effect. For a full list of restrictions, click here.