Strategic Planning for the Future of Spruce Grove
Economic development is attracting and growing businesses, creating and retaining jobs, and making communities a better place to live.
Attracting and growing businesses strengthens our economy by providing locally-produced goods and services. Strong businesses pay taxes that support vital services such as schools, roads, fire, and police. Businesses also provide jobs that put money in people’s pockets and allow for a higher quality of life.
The Spruce Grove Economic Development Department works jointly with businesses, developers and government to stimulate economic growth while maximizing the best interests of the entire community. That effort is guided by a comprehensive planning process that includes an informed and detailed economic development plan and the leadership of an advisory committee.
The economic development team works closely with a variety of stakeholders to further our common goals.
- Economic Developers Alberta (EDA)
- Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC)
- Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC)
- Urban Development Institute, Edmonton Region (UDI)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board (EMR)
- Spruce Grove & District Chamber of Commerce (SGDCC)
- Spruce Grove City Centre Business Association (CCBA)
The Alberta Ministry of Economic Development & Trade (EDT) provides assistance in advancing economic development initiatives, identifying available grant funding opportunities, and accessing expertise. The Community (Local) Economic Development web portal provides tools and resources to help municipalities grow and thrive.