Storefront Improvement Program
The Spruce Grove City Centre Storefront Improvement Program (SIP) provides funding to commercial property and business owners in the City Centre to make exterior improvements to their storefronts. This program can:
- Increase sales and foot-traffic by improving window shopping and curb appeal;
- Encourage a high standard of storefront maintenance;
- Renew existing businesses, attract new businesses, and fill vacancies.
Renewed Storefronts in City Centre 2023
New tile work on the retaining wall at Sunrise Professional Building at 215 McLeod Avenue.
Upgraded stucco work at Drayden Insurance at 228 McLeod Avenue.
Exterior painting including doors, window, and eaves at 111 First Avenue.
Exterior painting with a new black trim and upper band at 110 McLeod Avenue.
Painted sides and rear of the McLeod Avenue Plaza building to match the front at 210 McLeod Avenue.
Fixed stucco on the exterior of the Woodland Quilting building at 108 McLeod Avenue.
Installed artificial turf on the front and sides of Royal LePage Noralta Real Estate at 202 Main Street.
Fortis power pole relocated at the Gym 24/7 Fitness at 128 Queen Street.
New LED signage for Elation Glass & Vape at B, 101 Main Street.
The City of Spruce Grove has allocated $75,000 to provide 50% matching grants of up to a maximum of $7,500 per storefront or up to $10,000 for improvements on a street corner where improvements are made to two façades. The funding is available on a first-come first-serve basis until the funding has been committed.
- Eligible storefronts are purpose-built commercial units accessed from the ground level.
- Home-based businesses do not qualify.
- The program applies to properties and businesses located within the City Centre Storefront Improvement Program Area.
- City Centre Storefront Improvement Program - Brochure
- City Centre Storefront Improvement Program - Applicant Guidelines
Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org.