Shop Local Saturday
2 Oct 2021
Through the Alberta Chambers of Commerce, the Greater Parkland Regional Chamber of Commerce applied for federal funding to support Shop Local initiatives within the region to strengthen the local economy, suppport local employment opportunities, and ensure that small businesses can compete and thrive in a post-pandemic economy. The federally supported “Shop Local” funding is intended to amplify and build on the existing Shop Local efforts run by chambers, rather than replace them. The GPRC successfully received $152,100 in funding through the Canada Shop Local Project.
Shop Local Saturday will be comprised of 12 pre-recorded videos, released over 12 weeks, beginning October 2. The goal of these videos is to raise awareness about the great local businesses within the region and to promote shopping locally for the fall, Christmas season, and beyond!
Click here to access the videos.
- Episode 1: Backyard Birds Nature Shop
- Episode 2: The Barkstreet Market
- Episode 3: U Vinification
- Epsiode 4: Wildflower Hair Salon
- Episode 5: The Grove Optometry
- Episode 6: Hyperspace Comics & Games
- Episode 7: Forest Green Liquor Store
- Episode 8: One Man's Treasure
- Episode 9: The Barn Owl
- Episode 10: Carvel General Store
- Episode 11: Spruce Park Ranch Country Store
- Episode 12: Three B's Flowers