Technology & R&D
- Alberta Innovates works with entrepreneurs and businesses to commercialize their technologies.
- Alberta Investor Tax Credit (AITC) offers a tax credit to investors who provide capital to Alberta small businesses doing research, development or commercialization of new technology, new products or new processes. It is also applicable to businesses engaged in interactive digital media development, video post-production, digital animation or tourism.
- Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) awards up to $500,000 for a late-stage, pre-commercial, innovative product or service.
- ERA Grand Challenge: Innovative Carbon Uses has committed $35 million for the most innovative technologies that will convert CO2 emissions into new carbon-based products and markets.
- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) provides financial support to Canadian enterprises to help them undertake technology innovation.
Research & Development (R & D)