Aboriginal, Arts, & Tourism
- Indigenous Tourism Alberta (ITA) starts up with $575,000 over 3 years, supporting Indigenous tourism in Alberta
- Alberta Aboriginal Business Investment Fund (ABIF) provides funding to Indigenous communities for capital projects.
- Aboriginal Business and Entrepreneurship Development delivers funding for business development.
- Apeetogosan & Pinnacle Business Services provides equity assistance for business start-up or expansion.
- Canada Council for Arts is specific to First Nation, Metis and Inuit individuals.
The Indigenous Funders Guide 2018 is a great resource tool for Indigenous oranizations that aggregates grants, programs, scholarships, bursaries, and initiatives available in Alberta.
Arts & Culture
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts is the primary arts resource and grant funding body in Alberta.
- Alberta Culture & Tourism provides grants that encourage the growth, accessibility and excellence of Alberta’s arts and cultural industries sector.
- Tourism Growth Innovation Fund (TGIF) helps tourism organizations and Alberta municipalities create new tourism products and destination development opportunities as well as helps non-profit tourism attraction operators develop projects that grow tourism experiences.
- Capital Investment Tax Credit (CITC) supports manufacturing, processing, and tourism infrastructure.